Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's a Time-y Wimey thing...*


Wow, that's embarrassing. Here it is September and the last post was November. So we didn't quite disappear for a full year. Just an almost-year!

I'll lie and say we've been just so busy training and competing that there hasn't been any computer time. Sure, that's what I'll say. This is the Internet...no one can prove me wrong. Except maybe all my Farmville friends who'll fink on me LOL. We have been doing lots of training, a bit of fostering, and just general keeping busy with kids and school and work stuff.

A Finnegan update, seeing as the last post was mostly about him. He was adopted into his forever home about a week before Christmas. Much to our relief and my children's delight as I refused to put up the Christmas tree while he was in the house. Finnegan was a darling dog, but basically a four legged whirlwind with energy to spare. If it weren't for the whole working full-time thing, we might have considered keeping him. I would have loved to do agility with him as he would have had a blast! But there's a time and a place for everything and now and here were just not the right match.

After Finnegan came Seamus. Seamus was a former rescue who was returned for rehoming. He spent two or three months with us and I cried when he found his forever home. There was serious second guessing about sending him off to his own family because I selfishly wanted to keep him forever. But it was a wonderful home and just a perfect fit, so all's well that ends well.

And now, now comes Duffy. Also a rehome. And here to stay. All that's sweet and gentle about collies is personified...er....doggified!...in him.

Finally, the smoothie of my dreams. It's a long story but the happy ending is that he's here to stay. He has inserted himself into our household with barely a ripple to disturb the calm. Even Mikki seems fond of the big guy. And Clancy finally has a trail walking buddy to crash through the bushes with. All is good.

*Doctor Who

No comments:

Post a Comment